Posted on Monday, December 17th, 2012 at 8:58 pm
Our legal system has become very complex. Finding an attorney to help you recover damages for injuries you suffered in an automobile accident, at work, etc. is not always an easy task. Hiring the wrong attorney may cause you undue delays and may affect the outcome of your case.
There are no magic ways to find the best attorney for your case but one of the best methods is to get recommendations. Start by asking your general practice attorney or your family for suggestions. Another good source is the recommendations of your friends, relatives or co-workers. After you have the name of an attorney, you are ready to call for an appointment.
You should gather all the documents and information relating to your case before your meeting with the attorney. This first meeting is an important opportunity to decide if the attorney is right for you. Several questions that may be helpful in determining if the attorney is a good fit for your case are:
- How much experience does the attorney or the law firm have with a case like yours?
- Does the attorney represent only injured persons or does he or the firm also represent insurance company defendants?
- Does the law firm concentrate on personal injury cases or is personal injury just an infrequent part of their practice?
- Will the attorney you meet be the attorney handling your case? If not, who will be the attorney working on it?
- How long will it take for your case to be resolved?
- How much will your case cost you? (Will the attorney advance costs?)
- How will you be kept informed about the progress of your case?
- Does the attorney seem interested in you and your case or does he appear disinterested or too busy?
There are many more important questions, but what is very important to remember in finding an attorney is selecting one you feel comfortable with and can trust.
The initial consultation at my office is always free. Call me at 717-392-6362 to schedule your free initial consultation.